Our Wifi modified ELM327 is the perfect choice for use with the Forscan mobile App for Apple iOS and Android as well as most other OBD apps. Please read below for setup instructions.
It is ideal to keep in the glovebox for emergency use, or take it with you when you go to test drive your next Ford!
Diagnosis is quick and easy using your iOS or Android phone/tablet and the Forscan App.
It will also work with a Windows laptop running Forscan for Windows however we do not recommend this option.
If you need to do high speed module programming then our USB wired version and a laptop is what you need.
Please note: This device is for the Android and iOS Forscan app. It can also be used with other ELM327 apps such as Torque.
Due to speed restrictions of wireless connectivity the Forscan app cannot do programming and some service functions. If you require these features please purchase our USB modified ELM327 and use with a Windows laptop running the PC version of the software.
Photo for illustration only.
Product received may look different in appearance or have a different label to item in photo but all functionality will be exactly the same. Setup Instructions - Please follow carefully!
We do not provide software.
Please download the Forscan Lite app for your device.
Additional purchase will be required.
- Plug ELM327 WIFI Scanner into vehicle's OBD2 port.
- Turn ON ignition.
- On your mobile device go to "Settings" > "Wi-Fi".
- Connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot with a name similar to these examples: WIFI_OBDII, WIFI ELM327, WiFiOBD, etc. Please note - Some Andriod phones may give you a warning such as "The Wifi network is not connected to the internet. Allow Wifi assistant to switch you to a better wifi network?" Select "DECLINE".
- If a password is required try 1234 or 12345678
- Launch the Forscan App.
- iPhone/iPad: Click the "CONNECT" icon.
- Android: Click "Settings" > "Connection Type" > "WiFi". Exit settings.